It was so exciting to see Gerald arrive home from Iraq. It was also very humbling. I was expecting what you see on the news...crowds in the stands, music playing, banners, balloons... Nope, just a handful of families waiting for the buses to arrive. The soldiers filed off the buses, hugged their families, collected their bags and went about their day. Many didn't even have anyone there to welcome them. But these men and women are a quiet kind of group, Special Forces. The ones who are right in the thick of it in Iraq. Maybe these homecomings are also simple because they've had homecomings before, and they know that they will again. It's all part of the job. We are so grateful that our prayers were answered and Gerald was protected. We are so glad that their family is united again. 


Sydney played in her last two basketball games of the season on the tournament day. The first game they lost 4-12. So one game left of the season...I think several of the parents, including myself were just wanting to get it over with. You can really only lose so many times before it's depressing! The Tornadoes were on FIRE!! They wanted to win so badly - they played like never before and they won - by a lot - to a team who had beat them during the regular season. It was the perfect ending to Sydney's first season playing basketball.



Brian has been working hard on finishing my shelves. They turned out beautifully. I love having a place to keep these fabulous old books and treasures. I certainly got myself a talented fellow! I'm so proud of you & your wonderful projects - Brian!
"This is me playing outside, looking at a flower that I am going to pick for you." - Nathan
The kids loved signing their Valentines for their classmates in preparation for their celebrations this week. We hope your week is filled with LOVE!