Adventures in Computering...
Oh, it has been a painful computer week...Monday I delivered our computer which refused to start up to the repair place, pleading that they would be able to save our documents and pictures. They could and did and said that the operating system would have to be redone...yada, yada and be done at the end of the week. Then a phone call a couple hours later, sorry, the motherboard is fried. Brian lovingly went to collect our hard drive that was gently placed in a special box for us to hook up to our laptop. So off I went, using the little laptop (that happens to be extremely SLOW!!) to do my homework and edit pictures I took. That lasted about 1 day. I went down and picked up a rebuilt computer, took it home and got it all set up. It was perfect - for one day. The next day it refused to turn on! Refused! So I unplug everything, take it back to the place and for them - of course, it starts right up! How embarassing. I take it back home, plug everything back in and it doesn't work for me. I call the place and they said to push the on button really hard. Well, it worked. Great. The next day I plug my camera into the usb port to download all those pictures I needed to finish editing....the port pushed right back into the computer! It wasn't even attached! Brian took the computer back to the place this time and they fixed everything. The lesson here is - You pay for what you get.
Adventures in the Military...
This week my youngest brother joined the Air Force. I can just imagine him down at Lackland AFB with his head shaved and marching around like crazy. I bet he's cute and that he is doing awesome. We grew up in an Air Force family, but I never imagined how the military would continue to influence our family so much. All three of my brothers are now enlisted in the Air Force, Jessica is married to an Army guy (coming home from Iraq in 2 days!!) and then I married into the Air Force. I love it. Now we have to talk about my little sister Becky - she's the odd one out...her husband's not in the military and I don't think she'd even consider joining. Every family has to have one black sheep... :) Love you Becky & Troy. We are praying for you Josh! Be tough and do your best!! We are praying for you Ben as you transition to your new assignment - you'll love it! We're praying for you Jacob as you wait for your new assignment - hope it's a good one! We're praying for you Jess & Gerald and can't wait to see Gerald again! The military is such a crazy life...a crazy, awesome life.
Adventures in Schooling...
You don't even WANT to know. My online class is kicking my rear, but I'm staying on top of it. Even getting up at 5:30 to finish things up for my noon deadline. Isn't it the weirdest thing that when you get up early to work on stuff, the kids think they need to get up early too and stand right next to you and say "Whatya doin Mom???" over and over again? Weird.
Adventures in Photography...
So those pictures I was editing - you'll have to go over to This Little Lens of Mine to check them out. Lots of fun!