Let's start with the brain....

Brian's Brain. His MRI from December showed that he has very little change in his brain and spinal cord from his last MRI in 2003! Great News! No new lesions and not a significant change in the plaques that were already in his brain. This is such a relief to us! Thank you for your faith and prayers in Brian's behalf. The only downer is that we have not explanation for why he should be having any more physical problems than in the past. The doctor said, "Sometimes these things happen." Yes, they do.
Next we move on to the heart...

As in a heart-breaking final basketball game for the Tornados. They finally got to play a third grade team and it was fantastic to see them play against a team at their own level. They lost 7-8 but they played hard. After the game the coach said, "Some days the ball just doesn't go in." Good way to look at it.
Now let's take a look at the lungs...

Yes, these are used to breathe deeply! I've been close to hyperventilation a couple times this week realizing what I've gotten myself into with this college thing. I think that now that I've gotten the first week down and finished my first 4 page paper, things will get better...I hope. I have felt such support through your good wishes for me and "back-to-school" surprises.
And finally, the mouth...
Preston will be adding Speech Therapy to his PT & OT this week. It will probably be more of feeding therapy for now and then work into the speech but I am so excited we got into a fabulous speech therapist!! I'm not so excited about one more hour gone each week...oh well, Preston's worth it...and he's really cute!