Hailey was so cute last Sunday night with her popcorn and comics.
I enjoyed a Girl's night out with the DFEM spouses. Amy had baked about a million heart cookies and we had a fun time creating our masterpieces. Here's a picture of a few that I brought home to my 7 sweethearts. Thanks Amy - and all the DFEM ladies for a fun evening!
The kids have been busy preparing for their Valentine celebrations at school. The girls carefully wrote each classmates name on their Hello Kitty Valentine cards. Courtney was funny because she'd go down the list and at each name she'd say "J.R., Oh yeah we can't forget J.R.!"
Preston's Progress...

We went to the Ped. and all the "gunk/crap" is gone from his lungs. Hooray! I've been a little concerned about aspiration so we're going to do an upper GI Test in a couple weeks to make sure everything is working properly and then maybe check for reflux. He's also going to go see the Pulmonologist soon. He's up to 9lbs 2 oz. He moves his arms and legs like crazy and somehow manages to scoot of the blanket when I leave him on the floor for a while. He's going start physical therapy to work on his trunk strength, head control, tracking with his eyes, etc. He's doing so awesome and I'm trying to valiantly keep up with everything so I can be awesome for him. I couldn't do it without the help of my awesome friends who are always willing to help take care of the other kids and just call to see how things are going and offer encouragement. Thanks for being awesome so I can be awesome for our awesome little Preston!
We went to the Ped. and all the "gunk/crap" is gone from his lungs. Hooray! I've been a little concerned about aspiration so we're going to do an upper GI Test in a couple weeks to make sure everything is working properly and then maybe check for reflux. He's also going to go see the Pulmonologist soon. He's up to 9lbs 2 oz. He moves his arms and legs like crazy and somehow manages to scoot of the blanket when I leave him on the floor for a while. He's going start physical therapy to work on his trunk strength, head control, tracking with his eyes, etc. He's doing so awesome and I'm trying to valiantly keep up with everything so I can be awesome for him. I couldn't do it without the help of my awesome friends who are always willing to help take care of the other kids and just call to see how things are going and offer encouragement. Thanks for being awesome so I can be awesome for our awesome little Preston!
I was tagged by Rhett's mommy, Pam, to post 7 things about me...so here goes...
1. I played on the Varsity Basketball team as a freshman in high school. Of course, it was a very small school (12 in the graduating class) and there was only varsity basketball but I made the team, wore the uniform and even played...I think maybe about a total of 14 minutes the whole season.
2. I love Audrey Hepburn movies...Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday...just love them all. She's so classy!
3. One of my favorites??? Guacamole!!! The avocado is one of the most perfect foods in the whole world. I'm not sure how it started but Lanna and I have an avocado thing where we would just show up at each other's door with an avocado. Miss you Lanna! (and the avocados!)
4. The other night Brian and I had a DATE! No kids, No kidding! My fantastic friend Nikki and her husband took on all 6 kids plus their 3! They sent us on our way with a gift card for the newest Italian restraunt in Falcon and, in the meantime, fed the kids dinner, made valentine treats and watched a movie. How fabulous is that?!? We were seated at a table with 4 chairs and after a while there were some other couples waiting by the door for a place to sit. We talked about our experience in Italy where we went to a very busy pizzaria and were seated at the same table with another couple. It was just the normal thing to do and we got to know a terrific couple from Switzerland. I'm not sure the trend would catch on here.
5. I love celebrating! We celebrate everything...birthdays, holidays, going poop on the potty...you better bet we're going to celebrate when Preston's off his oxygen! Today a thoughtful friend gave me some beautifully decorated Valentine Cookies. Hailey thought it was for someone's birthday so we were trying to convince her that it wasn't anyone's birthday but Sydney reminded me that it was someone's birthday. So we sang "Hapy Birthday" to Abraham Lincoln. Everyday holds something to celebrate. Tomorrow I am celebrating no appointments by making a play-date with my friend Jill and her cute girls.
6. At church, I have been working with the 10 & 11 year old Activity Day girls for almost a year, but a couple weeks ago I was asked to fill a different vacancy. You'd better sit down before you read this...but I am now playing the piano in Primary each Sunday. I was so nervous at first but I am having a great time and being forced to practice and build my piano skills - one of my goals that I never get around to anyway! I love being in there with all those kids - 100 of them!! They are great singers and music is a powerful way to worship. I am grateful for this new opportunity!
7. I am a self-help book junkie. I was just looking at my bookshelf here by the computer and here's what I see..."10 Secrets Wise Parents Know", "Self Matters", "Get with the Program", "1001 Ways to Be Romantic", "25 Mistakes Parents Make and How to Avoid Them", "How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids will Talk", "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families", "250 Ways to Connect with your Family", "Happy Housewives", "Siblings Without Rivalry", "The Five Love Languages", "Rock Solid Relationships", "The Ultimate Career", "Confessions of an Organized Homemaker", "The Soft Reply", "Love: The Course They Forgot to Teach You in School"....I read 'em, I collect 'em, I love 'em. I love finding tidbits that make my life better or being motivated by reading about something that I already implement in my life. I welcome reccommendations for books you've read and enjoyed!!
Have a great week & keep in touch!
Rachel