Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Giving...and then a little more
My buddy Audra got me hooked on American Idol several years ago when we were both at Vandenberg AFB. We lived just a few houses apart and I would sneak down to her place and we'd watch, sing along, and critique! I'm still an American Idol fan. Some seasons more than others. Tonight I let the kids stay up and watch. I'm glad I did. It was a fundraising special to help children in poverty in the US and Africa. There is little that saddens me more than to see innocent children suffering because of horrible tragedy. I look at my comfortable life and feel extremely blessed. One of the hosts on the show said, "Kids, tell your parents that you'll give one dollar and they can give nine so you'll give ten dollars total." I asked Sydney, "How much do you think we should give to the kids that don't have what they need?" Her sweet answer, "Eleven." We gave that....and a little more.