Sunday, April 29, 2007

Piano Recital

When our piano teacher told me we were going to have a recital, my question was: "Do I have to be in it???"
Well, I did; and I was. The girls had two memorized songs each to play and did fabulously. I had memorized a two-page composition and I actually did well despite the sweaty palms.This was Courtney's first recital and didn't miss a single note. When the person after her made a mistake on their piece, she leaned over and let me know they had messed up. I informed her that proper recital etiquette did not include pointing out others mistakes...especially when your mother gets up to play!
Sydney has always been a natural at the piano. She picks up new skills quickly and impresses me with her ease at learning new songs. She started asking to take piano lessons when she was 3 years old. I hope she always finds joy in music.
And here's our wonderful teacher - Treesje Wallin. She is the fabulous mother of 7, choir director, primary chorister, and piano teacher! I love how she makes music fun for the girls that they look forward to their lessons. I have learned so much as one of her students.