Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Preston really gets into eating his pasta.


2. The kids were invited to a St. Patrick's Day party. Getting the cute invitations made them so excited and it was hard for them to wait for the special day to arrive. Jill is A-MAZ-ING! She had 9 kids and one on-the-way for 5 hours by herself. The kids had a super fun time and Brian and I were grateful to get up to the temple.
3. I was recently reunited with a good friend from high school who I hadn't spoken to in over 13 years. Chaz and I lost touch after graduation when she moved across the country. She was able to track me down and we had a great time catching up. I was so thrilled when she let me know that the missionaries had been teaching her and she decided to be
baptized. I flew out to Virginia for the special day. 4. I stayed out in Virginia for five whole days!! It was such a fun time. The area is so beautiful. I was amazed by the tall trees that seemed to grow everywhere. The apple blossoms are blooming and beautiful. One morning, we went to George Washington's boyhood home. We also spent time at the local Goodwill finding lots of bargains, made some jewelry, and just talked and laughed - a lot.
5. The morning that I was flying back to Colorado, we spent some time in the Washington DC Temple. The
temple is such a beautiful and peaceful place. I was glad we were able to go together.


6. While I was away the family was held together by a fantastic husband and father! The whole family got a little entertainment at a special magic show performed by Sydney. Courtney still doesn't know how Sydney got the penny to turn invisible.

7. I feel so LOVED!!

8. I brought some souvenirs for the family - a few games that people played in colonial times - this one is "Fox and Geese".

9. We took a little trip up to the Dinosaur Resource Center. It was a fun little outing. We happened upon a cute little crafty store that was going out of business and got a fun plant stand for 50% off! The only problem is that it didn't fit in the Pilot so we had to go buy some rope and bungee cords and tie it to the top of the car to get it home...it was a pain, but it's cute!



10. My baby brother graduated from Basic Training a couple weeks ago. He's off in tech school right now. Congratulations - We're proud you!