Brian's Surgery/Birthday - 11/21/2008
Brian went in for an elective foot surgery to have a part of the bone removed that has been rubbing against a nerve, leaving it inflamed for years now. We picked him up from his surgery in the "Birthday Mobile" and drove him home for and afternoon of rest and recovery. In the evening we celebrated his birthday with gifts and angel food cake smothered in raspberries.
Sydney's 2nd Basketball Game - 11/22/08
The team brought their aggression this time and was really going after the ball! Sydney made the first basket of the game and season for her team!! The Tornados lost 26-8 but couldn't be more thrilled with the effort they played with. Way to go BLUE!!
Golf - 11/26/2008
Courtney has taken an interest in learning to play golf. (I have no idea why, never been a golfer myself...but ok.) Wanting to support her in her interests, I got onto Craigslist and found some little, well-used golf clubs for cheap. She is so excited to start learning. Ok Janet - let us know when you have some time on a nice day!! She's already read the entire rule book! The day before Thanksgiving it was gorgeous weather. Brian went out back to play some golf with the kids while I was working on defrosting the turkey, making mashed potatoes, etc. Courtney got her ball stuck in the tough sand pit - the garden!

Thanksgiving - 11/27/2008
Courtney has taken an interest in learning to play golf. (I have no idea why, never been a golfer myself...but ok.) Wanting to support her in her interests, I got onto Craigslist and found some little, well-used golf clubs for cheap. She is so excited to start learning. Ok Janet - let us know when you have some time on a nice day!! She's already read the entire rule book! The day before Thanksgiving it was gorgeous weather. Brian went out back to play some golf with the kids while I was working on defrosting the turkey, making mashed potatoes, etc. Courtney got her ball stuck in the tough sand pit - the garden!
Thanksgiving - 11/27/2008
What a lovely day! My brother Ben drove up from Texas and Jessica and the boys came over. We stuffed ourselves and had a wonderful time! The only downer was that my nephew, Ethan jumped off the furniture and hurt his foot. A couple days later, we found out that it was fractured! Kids, take a lesson - DON'T JUMP OFF THE FURNITURE!!
Nathan turned 6 years old on Thanksgiving this year. He wanted to have a turkey birthday. Safeway did a darling job on his turkey cake! He was so pleased. I can't believe how grown up he is!
Working together to set up the Christmas Tree!
SNOW
We've enjoyed the recent snow! It makes it feel more like the holidays around here. Courtney is always the first one out into the snow...she's still in her pajamas playing in the snow here.
Nathan's Birthday Date - 12/3/08
We've enjoyed the recent snow! It makes it feel more like the holidays around here. Courtney is always the first one out into the snow...she's still in her pajamas playing in the snow here.
Nathan chose to go to Wendy's on our date. We talked about school and about how he wants to be a fire-fighter when he grows up. The most exciting thing about being six years old in our family, is that you finally get to chew bubble gum! So I took Nathan over to the local Walmart to pick out his flavor.
I received these beautiful earrings made by Megan for my Pay It Forward Gift. I am so excited to wear them! To play Pay It Forward, you must have your own blog (not just a profile), and you must be willing to continue to pay it forward by sending the first three people who comment a gift. It can be homemade or bought. So for the first three people who comment that you want to play, make sure I have your email so I can get in contact with you about your gift!
This team's improvement has been incredible from the first game. They are working together as a team! Today's game was a close one...the Tornados were ahead the entire game until the last minute when the other team made two baskets in a row and won the game by one point 10-9! What an exciting game - but they're still looking for a win!