Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

You'll have to wait a few days for The Good. Today we've only had The Bad and The Ugly. I woke up to a very snowy Sunday morning and something so painful and irritating in my eye. I tried to get it out and flushed it with water but it didn't help. I decided to drive myself, one eye closed, through the blowing snow to get to the nearest ER. They found that I didn't have anything in my eye, anymore, but there had been something in there that scratched up my eye including one scratch on my cornea. That's where all the pain was coming from. When I move my eye, my eyelid irritates the scratch. They sent me home with a beautiful eye patch, some antibiotic eye drops, a prescription for Vicatin and orders to see an optometrist in a couple days. As I arrived home Brian was getting everyone ready for church. He took the 4 oldest kids and I stayed with the 2 youngest who were ready for naps and then I could just lay down and keep my eyes closed. About the time I had expected everyone to arrive home from church, I got a phone call from Brian. They had been driving home on the extremely icy roads and hit a pole. We are grateful to God for protecting Brian and our babies! They are all just fine, but Brian thinks our Pilot is totaled. I'm pretty sure this tops the list of bad days I've had in a very long time!

Eternal thanks to the Chaffins who picked up the kids and brought them home and made dinner for all of us and just took care of everything. We love you. After you left, Courtney said, "Those Chaffins are so nice!" They are indeed.

Poor Brian didn't get home until after 7pm! So our day ends with a car-less pirate mom looking at the week ahead with a big headache. Nothing a good night sleep can't cure! Tomorrow has GOT to be better, right?