This week has been fantastic - just because we had ZERO doctor appointments to go to!! We even had a snow day which we really enjoyed. I would have stayed in my pjs all day along with the kids, but the oxygen guy had 16 new canisters to deliver and so I decided that I had better get dressed.
But we've got a busy week ahead...tomorrow I go down to the Ped Surgeon to sign all the papers for Preston's "surgery" on Wednesday. Yep, this week he goes under the knife for his circumcision - which, yes, should have been done in the hospital after he was born but he was mis-diagnosed with hypospadias and they wanted that to be corrected first. So now that we don't have to deal with the hypospadias we have to deal with getting a 2 month old circumcised.
For those of you who have had boys - remember how it's like a 5 minute procedure and then they bring the baby back to you?? Well, it's not that easy after they leave the hospital! We had to go have a consult with the pediatric surgeon - and for our first appointment, the referral hadn't been put through and so we had to make another appointment. So we met with the surgeon and then I'll sign the paperwork tomorrow and then on Wed we have to show up at 6am so they can give him the anesthesia and spinal block and do the procedure at 730am. The surgeon's office told me that they will expect me to stay at the hospital all day to make sure he comes off the anesthesia ok - but that I should be prepared to stay the night if needed.
Anyone know a good Jewish Motel to just get the job done? To offer me some consolation, the gal at the surgeon's office told me that normally circumcisions are done by the OB or pediatrician but surgeon's are very precise and our little guy's going to have the best circumcision anywhere! Well, thanks!