Thursday, June 7, 2007

Another week has come and gone so I guess it's time to catch-up from last week.
Monday, Memorial Day:
Brian started putting together our swing set. No rain, snow, sleet or hail would stop him from completing his mission. But lightning would; and the rain was making his instructions soggy. Fortunately, the weather calmed down enough by the time the David Egbert clan arrived for a big family dinner. They were in town for Brian's nephew's graduation from USAFA. I think there were about thirty of us in all. We enjoyed great food and great company! Thanks for visiting (and helping construct more of the swing set!).
Tuesday:
Continued work on the swing set and other projects around the house.
Wednesday:
Brian completed the swing set enough for the kids to play on it. He just has a couple more things to add and then it will be complete, but in the meantime, the kids love it!
He was such a brave dad and took Sydney, Courtney and Nathan to the 3-hour USAFA Graduation.

They endured Sydney walking through cactus on the way to the stadium, having to leave their food and books at the gate, endless trips to the potty, etc, etc. But in the end they had a great time and the kids loved seeing the Thunderbird show. Sydney was able to go down on the field and pick up one of the cadet hats. She even slept in it that night.

Brian and I also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. We got a babysitter and went to see Shrek. Then we went to a super fancy restaurant...the kind that has a creme brulee flavor of the week. The ginger-honey creme brulee was terrific.

The next day we got up at 5am to drive Brian to the airport for his flight back to LA. He has 3 more weeks there and then he's here for good!!

So I've been busying myself with taking care of the kids, swimming lessons, achievement days, and all my little painting and crafty projects I have on my list to complete.


I was thrilled last week when I was at Safeway and saw a true sign of summer - fresh cherries!! We ate almost the whole bag for our afternoon snack.