Sunday, March 18, 2007

Why I LOVE Thursdays

Just the thought of Thursdays makes me smile. Thinking about that blessed day of Thursday makes me motivated to complete my work for the week so I can totally enjoy myself. For every Thursday at precisely 10am I get to meet with a group of wonderful women from church for our craft day. It started out with just four of us: Laurie, Leisel, Catherine and me. And now sometimes we have others that join us: Luana, Judy, Vicki, Holly, Jill...but you can always count on the first four of us to be there. I love these women. They are smart and funny and compassionate and we have laughed until we cried and we also have just cried. We each work on whatever project we want - sewing, knitting, crossstich, cards, quilting, jewelry, wood crafts, scrapbooking...anything goes! We rotate meeting at each others houses and the kids just have a blast playing together. (My kids especially like playing with other people's dogs!) We just craft and talk and have a really fun time together. And when it comes time to pick up the kids from school, we don't want to leave, put we know it's only 6 more days until we get together again. Doesn't that sound fabulous? But that's not even the BEST part...we EAT!! Each week we all bring a snack to share with each other and many times we'll try new recipes out on each other. A few weeks ago the craft group was at Leisel's. She made Amish Baked Oatmeal. We put milk and fresh blackberries and blueberries on it. Delicious!! I have made it a couple times since then. It's like eating oatmeal cookies for breakfast.






So, let me count...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...only 3 more days to Thursday!! Yippee!!