Today I taught seminary. It was our first morning in the castle, and the Wi-Fi is not as reliable as the places we have been in the past. It seems better if you get closer to the receiver and if too many people are not trying to use it at the same time. The kids kept getting kicked off, but then at the end I got kicked off. It was good it was the end of class. I went back to bed and slept until after 11. It was so great to get some good sleep.
I took the boys out to play some soccer and to play on the swing. Then Brian and I went out for a walk around the property. It is an amazing place with old building and garden I can just imagine the people during the 1700s and 1800s living here.
We went over to the tiny grocery store down the block and got some pasta and fresh made pesto and some oranges for lunch. We spoke with a lady who knew some English and she told us that her friend from Utah is coming to visit soon. Her husband has been there for 3 months doing his PhD and living with their friend.
We had lunch and then got everyone to work on their school work. I signed the kids up for more classes, and they are excited to have a little more variety.
I did a live facebook video with Teako, and the others went outside to play. When they came back, Ben had something in his hands. He said he had brought home dinner and held out a little frog. I think he expected me to scream, but I didn't; I just look disgusted at it and had him take it outside. Everyone had had a lot of fun and came back quite dirty.
Brian and I went to the little store again to get some food for the kids and then we walked half an hour away to the grocery store that is one town over. We got there and picked out some things for the next few days and checked out just in time as they were closing. We began walking back and stopped at the gelato shop that was on the way. I got the chocolate and the black coconut. The black coconut is coconut flavored but also has activated charcoal in it to make the black color. I had heard of using that on your skin or to make your teeth white but never in gelato. We walked back and had scripture time. While everyone was reading, I heard something drop to the floor next to me. I looked down and saw a lizard on the floor. I started saying, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, get it out of here!" Courtney caught it, and took it outside. At first, everyone thought I had seen something amazing in the scriptures.
Some of us watched the Home Alone movie as Hailey needed
to watch a movie for one of her English assignment about plot and conflict.
to watch a movie for one of her English assignment about plot and conflict.