Sunday, June 22, 2008

Catchin' Up With the Latest...



Brian and I celebrated our TENTH ANNIVERSARY on May 30th. He took the day off from work and we went on a family picnic and then we dropped the kids off at our friends houses for a get-away. We drove up into the mountains to the Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast. It was so quiet and peaceful up there! We had a wonderful time together - it just wasn't long enough. Thank you so much Crystal & Alicia for taking the kids for us! You're the best! I can't believe it's been 10 years since that beautiful day in the Denver Temple. I love you forever.






Happy Father's Day, Dad! Brian got homemade gifts and cards and BBQ seasonings for a tasty Father's Day meal. We love you!









Yesterday I ran my 2nd 5k. It was a beautiful day and I had a great time running with Megan. I wanted to beat my last time, but even more than that, I wanted Megan to accomplish her goal of running the entire course and so I stayed with her...I was going to pull her along if I had too! :) We came in 3 seconds behind my last time, but I was thrilled for Megan. She should be so proud! Sydney and Courtney joined in the 1 mile kids race. There was some walking, some side aches, some tears, but we made it through!









Prestons Progress:
We just love our sweet little guy! He brings so much love and joy to our family. He got his adnoids removed at the beginning of June and did great with that. His o2 levels are high some days and low some days so we've been taking him off his o2 when he's doing well. The hugest thing for him this past week has been eating cereal!!! It took a lot of practice - but he's doing great with that. I'm now learning all the "little things" I took for granted with my other children...the things that just came naturally to them. We are celebrating the "little things" much more. We are so proud of you Preston!



We want to invite each of you to participate in the 2008 Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome. Our team name is "Preston's Pals" and we would love for you to join our team in walking to bring awareness and support for the cause that has touched our family.Visit our website to join our team or make a donation. It will be August 23rd at Mantiou Springs Memorial Park. Visit our Buddy Walk Website to join our team or make a donation. Thank you for your love and kindness!