My eye is healed, our Pilot is fixed, Sydney got over her allergic reaction to
Megan did this crazy thing and talked me into running a 5k with her. I've been training for several weeks now and I'm pleased with how far I've come. I know a 5k is just a warm-up to you marathon-type runner friends I have out there, but you have to understand what an undertaking this has been for me. I have never been a runner. I was a band/choir geek in high school. When I would HAVE to run for gym class, I would have asthma attacks and get shin splints. I can now run the whole 3.2 miles without stopping to walk and am thinking about changing my goal from "just try to run the whole thing" to "maybe...just maybe, I can beat 38 min". I am really excited for May 10th and am praying for not too hot, not too cold weather! :)
So, what did we do with our economic stimulus check??? Having lots of kids pays off! :) We helped stimulate the economy with a purchase of lots of wheat, a Nutrimill Grinder and a Bosch. I've been making bread and treats like crazy - and the family doesn't seem to mind. How did I ever live without a Bosch???
We have been enjoying the spring weather here and have been playing at the park and in the backyard. School will be out soon and we can't wait! The AFA Graduation is May 29th and hopefully Brian will have some down time this summer!
Preston is doing fantastic! We did an overnight sleep study, not a fun experience for either of us,
3 friends and I held a huge, enormous, gigantic charity garage sale to raise money to bring out a certified child development evaluator from the Family Hope Center to help us with our special needs kids. We received so many donations for our garage sale as well as donations to our bank account, we feel overwhelmed with love. Thank you everyone for your help and support! Donna will arrive on Friday and is going to do an all-day brain development seminar and then spend several hours with each of our children. It is so exciting for all of the families involved!