That's what I heard today...160 beats per minute...a sound that has always given me goosebumps and tears in my eyes. Yep, that's right. Egbert baby #6 is on the way and growing healthy. Brian and I feel very blessed to bring these sweet babies into our home and hope that when all is said and done, our children will feel blessed to have been part of our family. Sydney and Courtney could not be more excited but the other kids really don't have a clue.
I know you're probably thinking, "How in the world is that girl going to take care of 6 kids ages 7 and under???" And I assure you I have that same question myself!! So I was sharing my concerns about my ability to care for these great kids with my friend Jill who grew up in a tremendous family of 11 children. "So Jill, how did your mom do it?" Her not-so-comforting answer: "I have no idea!" But I know that somehow I will with the the help of my wonderful husband and God watching over us.
So, I'll just keep chugging along dealing with the nausea, fatigue, and out-growing our minivan and I'll look forward to 4 weeks from now to hear that 160 BPM.